Debug Issue in cyusb3kit-003

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PraveenAmara
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 10 questions asked 5 sign-ins

Hello,

I am using CYUSB3KIT-003, I try to debug the FX3 but I cannot able to get the Debug messages. I have used the external USB to UART converter also even though I cannot get the Debug Msg.

I programed the Example code videoclassbulk.

I don't know to debug the FX3.

0 Likes
1 Solution
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hi,

You don't need to use an external USB to UART converter as there is a debug interface already available on the FX3 SuperSpeed Explorer Kit.

Please plug in a Micro USB 2.0 Type-B cable into the debug port of the FX3 and connect it to a PC.

In order to see the UART debug print, you can use a serial terminla UART emulator like TeraTerm.

Steps to setup terminal:

1.) Open TeraTerm and press 'ALT+N'.

2.) When you plug in the micro type-B cable, the serial tab would be highlighted with a COM Port value. You can just go ahead and press 'OK'.

3.) Then click on 'Setup' and open the 'Serial port...' window.

4.) Change the 'Baud Rate' from '9600' to '115200'.

5.) Click 'OK' and then you will be able to see the UART debug logs on the terminal.

You can try using some basic examples like : UsbUart, USBDebug, USBBulkSourceSink to understand the logs better.

Regards,

Yashwant

View solution in original post

1 Reply
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hi,

You don't need to use an external USB to UART converter as there is a debug interface already available on the FX3 SuperSpeed Explorer Kit.

Please plug in a Micro USB 2.0 Type-B cable into the debug port of the FX3 and connect it to a PC.

In order to see the UART debug print, you can use a serial terminla UART emulator like TeraTerm.

Steps to setup terminal:

1.) Open TeraTerm and press 'ALT+N'.

2.) When you plug in the micro type-B cable, the serial tab would be highlighted with a COM Port value. You can just go ahead and press 'OK'.

3.) Then click on 'Setup' and open the 'Serial port...' window.

4.) Change the 'Baud Rate' from '9600' to '115200'.

5.) Click 'OK' and then you will be able to see the UART debug logs on the terminal.

You can try using some basic examples like : UsbUart, USBDebug, USBBulkSourceSink to understand the logs better.

Regards,

Yashwant