DMA Data Output Slow Help

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to use the CyU3PDmaChannelGetBuffer and CyU3PDmaChannelCommitBuffer API to sent the data from CPU to GPIF bus manually and found it is not fast enough.

I have also used a scope to trace  the output data.  I found that it takes 70-80 μs to complete.

Is there a way to further reduce the running time to less than 30μs of this application like using low level DMA API?

Thanks

status=CyU3PDmaChannelGetBuffer(&AppDmaFpgaRegAccessManualOutHandle,&FpgaHostManualOutBuf_p, CYU3P_NO_WAIT);

if (status != CY_U3P_SUCCESS)

{

return status;

}

//popular the Buffer of Register Read Address

FpgaHostManualOutBuf_p.buffer[0]=(FpgaHostRegAddress&0x000000FF)>>0; /*Reg Read Address*/

FpgaHostManualOutBuf_p.buffer[1]=(FpgaHostRegAddress&0x0000FF00)>>8; /*Reg Read Address*/

FpgaHostManualOutBuf_p.buffer[2]=(FpgaHostRegAddress&0x00FF0000)>>16; /*Reg Read Address*/

FpgaHostManualOutBuf_p.buffer[3]=(FpgaHostRegAddress&0xFF000000)>>24; /*Reg Read Address*/

FpgaHostManualOutBuf_p.count=4;             /**< Byte count of valid data in buffer. */

FpgaHostManualOutBuf_p.size=32;             /**< Actual size of the buffer in bytes. Should be a multiple of 16. */

FpgaHostManualOutBuf_p.status=0;           

status = CyU3PDmaChannelCommitBuffer (&AppDmaFpgaRegAccessManualOutHandle,FpgaHostManualOutBuf_p.count,0);

{

return status;

}

//get fpga register value;

status = CyU3PGpifReadDataWords (1, CyFalse, 1, RegRrData_p, 0xF0000000);

{

return status;

}

0 Likes
2 Replies