Can't find openocd.cfg for CYUSB3KIT-003 OpenOCD debugger

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YoIs_1298666
Level 5
Level 5
250 sign-ins 100 replies posted 100 sign-ins

Hello,

I am trying to debug the USBBulkSourceSinkLED project of CYUSB3KIT003 with OpenOCD in SDK1.3.4.

but, I had an error like below.

pastedImage_3.png

I set the "Run Configuratins" like below.

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_7.png

The "arm926ejs_fx3.cfg" file is in the folder below.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\JTAG\OpenOCD\Config

What shall I do?

Best regards,

Yocchi

0 Likes
1 Solution
HirotakaT_91
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Hi,

☆You can do setup as follows on [Run] -> [External Tools] -> [External Tools Configurations].

pastedImage_1.png

Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\JTAG\OpenOCD\Windows\openocd.exe

Working Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\JTAG\OpenOCD

Arguments: -f Config\arm926ejs_fx3.cfg

This setting is a bit diffrent to the description on "CYUSB3KIT-003 SuperSpeed Explorer Kit User Guide, Doc. # 001-93186" because directory hierarchy on SDK1.3.4 environment is a bit different compare to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\SuperSpeed Explorer Kit\1.0\USBSerialOpenOCD".

☆If you would like to setup on "Run Configurations", how about following settings on Arguments?

pastedImage_1.png

To change "Program arguments" and "Working directory", you would be able to see correctly invoked messages on the Console.

Best regards,

Hirotaka Takayama

View solution in original post

2 Replies
HirotakaT_91
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Hi,

☆You can do setup as follows on [Run] -> [External Tools] -> [External Tools Configurations].

pastedImage_1.png

Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\JTAG\OpenOCD\Windows\openocd.exe

Working Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\JTAG\OpenOCD

Arguments: -f Config\arm926ejs_fx3.cfg

This setting is a bit diffrent to the description on "CYUSB3KIT-003 SuperSpeed Explorer Kit User Guide, Doc. # 001-93186" because directory hierarchy on SDK1.3.4 environment is a bit different compare to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\SuperSpeed Explorer Kit\1.0\USBSerialOpenOCD".

☆If you would like to setup on "Run Configurations", how about following settings on Arguments?

pastedImage_1.png

To change "Program arguments" and "Working directory", you would be able to see correctly invoked messages on the Console.

Best regards,

Hirotaka Takayama

Hello Takayama-san,

I can debug the project with OpenOCD in Eclipse.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Yocchi

0 Likes