CYUSBFX3KIT-003 mass storage memory implementation on FPGA issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EmJo_4807876
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I'm working on a project that involves modification of the mass storage functionality implemented on the CYUSBFX3KIT-003 by moving the storage memory from the microcontroller internal memory to the internal Block Ram memory inside the SPARTAN7 FGPA on the SP701 kit. the SP701 kit is physically interfaced to the CYUSBFX3KIT through the FMC connector and the GPIF interface is used to move incoming mass storage data in blocks to  and from the FPGA. I've been successful to some extent in this, However I have some issues when moving data from PC to the USB. 

Kindly put me in touch with an expert in this area(USB mass storage implementation and GPIF interface), so that I can share the details of the design and code and help me troubleshoot the issue.

Regards

Emmanuel

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello Emmanuel,

Please let me know more details about the application

I'm working on a project that involves modification of the mass storage functionality implemented on the CYUSBFX3KIT-003 by moving the storage memory from the microcontroller internal memory to the internal Block Ram memory inside the SPARTAN7 FGPA on the SP701 kit.

>> From the description I didn't understand your application. Please let me know if GPIF is used in SlaveFIFO mode, where FPGA is the master. The data transfer is done from FPGA <> GPIF <> USB <> Host. Is my understanding correct? Does FX3 enumerate as Mass storage device on USB host or does it come up as a vendor device?

Please let me know what problem is seen when data transfer are done from USB host to FPGA via FX3

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes