CX3 MIPI Receiver Configuration error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SimonP
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi,

I finally got all the information from the camera supplier and filled the 'Image Sensor Configuration' tab in the CX3 MIPI Receiver Configuration.

When I switch to the 'CX3 Receiver Configuration' tab, I get the two following errors :

CX3_MIPI_Receiver_Configuration_Error.png

Min/Max values don't make sense so I don't know how to fix these errors ?

I still tried to use the resulting configuration but I only get black screen.

Any idea how to make this interface work ?

Best regards,

SimonP

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello SimonP,

Based on your configurations, the total data rate can be calculated as follows:

Data rate = hres x vres x bits per pixel x frame rate

Data rate = 2600 *  1952 * 16 * 60 = 4.53Gbps (approximately)

I assume that you are padding the incoming data into 16 bits. This is the reason why I have used 16 as bits per pixel in the above calculation.

Please note that CX3 can only support a maximum of 2.4Gbps. So, this configuration cannot be supported by CX3. Please choose another configuration so that the data rate is less than 2.4Gbps

Also, please refer to Q13 of the following KBA which mentions the maximum value that can be set for the CSI clock when different number of data lanes are used:

https://community.cypress.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/CX3-Firmware-Frequently-Asked-Questions-KBA...

The CSI clock setting used in your configuration is also not supported by CX3 for 4 lanes.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
15 Replies