CB failure while streaming 1080P 60fps

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Rohanth
Level 4
Level 4
First like received 50 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hello, 

I'm trying to stream MIPIraw 10 1920X1080 60fps in CX3 Denebola kit, When I tried to tried to stream camera in Linux host I got CB failure. Kind suggest some solutions to resolve this problem .

Thankyou

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

Yes. CX3_UVC_DATA_BUF_SIZE is the data buffer size.

The DMA buffer size is supposed to be multiple of 16 bytes.

Please refer to modifying-the-default-memorymap while you increase the DMA buffer size. By default 224KB of memory is available for DMA buffers. Out of which 3KB is already used within the library.

You can increase the availability from 224KB to 256KB if you are not using second stage bootloader. The pointed KBA has more details on modifying linker file.

Regards,

Hemanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Hemanth

Hi,

Please try increasing horizontal blanking to maximum value possible (while maintaining minimum vertical blanking of 300uS if you are using 1.3.4 library version). And increase DMA buffer size.

Regards,

Hemanth
0 Likes

Hello,

>>Please try increasing horizontal blanking to maximum value possible.

horizontal blanking is already set to be the maximum value.

>>And increase DMA buffer size. where I can change the buffer size.

you mean to this one "CX3_UVC_DATA_BUF_SIZE" right, If yes the default value is 0x8FD0 What the maximum value that I can use and suggest some value base on my default value.

After changing CX3_UVC_DATA_BUF_SIZE to this 0x8FFF I got these errors on UART logs

AppInit:DmaMultiChannelCreate Err = 0x10

AppInit:MultiChannelReset Err = 0x40

AppInit:MipicsiGpifLoad Err = 0x40

Kindly suggest some value that I can use.

Thankyou.

0 Likes
Hemanth

Hi,

Yes. CX3_UVC_DATA_BUF_SIZE is the data buffer size.

The DMA buffer size is supposed to be multiple of 16 bytes.

Please refer to modifying-the-default-memorymap while you increase the DMA buffer size. By default 224KB of memory is available for DMA buffers. Out of which 3KB is already used within the library.

You can increase the availability from 224KB to 256KB if you are not using second stage bootloader. The pointed KBA has more details on modifying linker file.

Regards,

Hemanth
0 Likes