modify cyusb3.inf fail

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dach_3214351
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

I followed CyUSB3.pdf to add my own VID/PID pair to CyUSB3.inf file.

I did the following, none of them work.  No changes to CyUSB3.sys and CyUSB3.cat

1. Add my VID/PID to the .inf and change the strings. Remove all build in PID/VID and the strings, Keep the file name as CyUSB3.inf.

But it never get work. The windows10 (64bits) always shows

pastedImage_3.png

2. Only add my VID/PID and strings, without changing any original data in cyusb3.inf. it can install successfully.

note: I have disable my computer Digital Signature.

Can tell me the difference is there?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello,

- Please ensure that the files CyUSB3.SYS, CyUSB3.CAT and the WdfCoInstaller01011.DLL (For driver versions below 1.2.3.20)files are present along with the CyUSB3.INF file in the driver package folder.

- Also, it looks like you are using an older version of the driver. Please use the latest version 1.2.3.20 from the FX3 SDK.

I have attached the modified INF file along with the complete driver package which is working fine at my end. Please test using the same too.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

- With the same steps you have mentioned in (1), I am able to install the driver successfully. I removed the existing VID/PID and the strings from the INF file and added a custom VID/PID combination along with its string. I put the OS into Test mode and I am able to install this driver successfully. Please let me know if you are disabling the signature checking in the BIOS or are you driving the OS into Test mode.

- Please share the INF file for me to test at my end, if possible.

Best regards,
Srinath S

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello,

The attachment file for you reference.

Thanks,

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello,

- Please ensure that the files CyUSB3.SYS, CyUSB3.CAT and the WdfCoInstaller01011.DLL (For driver versions below 1.2.3.20)files are present along with the CyUSB3.INF file in the driver package folder.

- Also, it looks like you are using an older version of the driver. Please use the latest version 1.2.3.20 from the FX3 SDK.

I have attached the modified INF file along with the complete driver package which is working fine at my end. Please test using the same too.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Hello,

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes