Cypress FX2 EEPROM Prograaming

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
aditya12
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hello,

I am Having Fx2 USB Controller and when I am programming controller RAM for slave synchronous interface Through USB Control Center Application at that time interface is working fine. To program external EEPROM I have generated .iic file from the keil and EEPROM got successfully programmed but I have made some changes in the design so again I have generated .iic file but at that time .iic file is not changed and it is taking previous file data only but in the design folder .iic file generation time is updating.

I have created 2 (.iic file) by writing below commands in the keil output window.

-> hex2bix -i -f 0xC2 -o slave.iic slave.hex

-> c:\cypress\usb\bin\hex2bix -c 0x80 -i -f 0xC2 -o slave.iic slave.hex

So, can you please provide what are steps I need to follow to generate .iic file?

Regards,

Aditya Upadhyay

0 Likes
1 Solution
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Aditya,

Please check the Hex2Bix utility present at the following location after downloading CY3684 DVK: C:\Cypress\USB\CY3684_EZ-USB_FX2LP_DVK\1.1\Utilities\Hex2Bix

The Hex2Bix utility creates a .iic file that will contain only the raw data from the Intel hex file generated by Keil uVision compiler. It can be loaded into EEPROM.

Regards,

Mallika

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
MallikaK_22

Hi Aditya,

Please check the Hex2Bix utility present at the following location after downloading CY3684 DVK: C:\Cypress\USB\CY3684_EZ-USB_FX2LP_DVK\1.1\Utilities\Hex2Bix

The Hex2Bix utility creates a .iic file that will contain only the raw data from the Intel hex file generated by Keil uVision compiler. It can be loaded into EEPROM.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes

Hi ,

Thanks for the Reply and I have gone through path specified by you and Hex2Bix utility is there .

Regards,

Aditya Upadhyay

0 Likes

HI,

While Programming Through RAM slave synchronous Interface is Working fine But With External EEPROM slave synchronous interface is not working fine So, Can you please provide answer to below questions.

1) EEPROM is already programmed so if i want to reprogram it again then do i need to perform first erase  operation and then write operation. Because if I program it again then it's data is not updating and it is taking old data only ?

2) Which are the steps required to generate .iic file?

3) On which path .iic file will be generated?

4) To erase the EEPROM which steps are needed?

Regards,

Aditya Upadhyay

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

Hi Aditya,

Programming the EEPROM itself performs the erasing of the older contents and writes the new data. There is no need to manually erase the EEPROM.

Building the firmware project generates the .hex & .iic files. Please refer to section 5.3 in the following App Note: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an65209-getting-started-fx2lp.

The detailed process is documented here.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes