Check the program written by CY7C65211A

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hata_3396041
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored First like received 50 questions asked

Hello

Is there a way to check if the program is written correctly after writing the program to the CY7C65211A device using the USB serial configuration utility?

(For example,Check Sum on PSoC Programmer)

There is an item called Verification, but it is not highlighted and I feel that it cannot be used alone.

Or is it possible to perform Verify or Check Sum of CY7C65211A on PSoC Programmer?

Best Regards

Haya

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Yes, internal verification is automatically performed when programming.

USB Serial Configuration Utility executes both Program and Verify by implemented its firmware as I mentioned.

Therefore, Program and Verify is not able to execute separately by USB Serial Configuration Utility.

Best regards,

Cypress

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
HirotakaT_91
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Hello,

Configuration Utility has its feature.

The Configuration Utility internal verify process is as follows.

1. Configuration Utility sends vendor command and configuration data to the device firmware.

2. Configuration Utility has been waiting for the status from USB serial device.

3. USB serial firmware do flash write and verify and firmware reports two status (success or failure) to the host.

3.1 Firmware erases Flash pages of flash memory.

3.2 Firmware writes the new configuration data to the flash memory.

3.3 Firmware verifies the flash data by using checksum.

4. Host (Configuration Utility) shows the status “Success” or “Failure”.

Best regards,

Cypress (An Infineon Company)

0 Likes

Hello

Thank you for the quick answer.

Is it okay to understand that internal verification is automatically performed when programming?

As background for the question, when writing to many devices, I want to see if it's already written.

(If Check sum and Verify can be performed independently on the application, it will be easier to judge whether they have been written.)

Best Regards

Hayato

0 Likes

Hello,

Yes, internal verification is automatically performed when programming.

USB Serial Configuration Utility executes both Program and Verify by implemented its firmware as I mentioned.

Therefore, Program and Verify is not able to execute separately by USB Serial Configuration Utility.

Best regards,

Cypress

0 Likes