Can not find USB serial port for CYUSBS234

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
leiwang0130
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hi,

I have connected the CYUSBS234 with my PC.  I didn't see the "Cypress usb console windows driver" and "USB serial port(COM4)", only have the "USB-SERIAL(SINGLE CHANNEL)Vendor 1" and "USB-SERIAL(SINGLE CHANNEL)Vendor MFG".

I have installed " Cypress USB-serial Driver" and "cyusb3" and "cyusbserial".  And I didn't see the win10 driver in the bin folder.

I'm using Win10。

Thanks, 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Only "USB-SERIAL(SINGLE CHANNEL)Vendor 1" and "USB-SERIAL(SINGLE CHANNEL)Vendor MFG" entries are seen in the Device Manager because the kit is configured as a Vendor mode device. Please change the Protocol section of SCB configuration to CDC using USB-Serial Configuration Utility to make it work as a CDC device.

Best regards,
Pranava

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Only "USB-SERIAL(SINGLE CHANNEL)Vendor 1" and "USB-SERIAL(SINGLE CHANNEL)Vendor MFG" entries are seen in the Device Manager because the kit is configured as a Vendor mode device. Please change the Protocol section of SCB configuration to CDC using USB-Serial Configuration Utility to make it work as a CDC device.

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes

Hi, 

The "Cypress usb console windows driver" still doesn't appear in the Device Manager. However, the "COM4" port came out.  I just did the I2C test using the "USB serial test utility" tool, everything is good. So I think the I2C is working without the showing of "Cypress usb console windows driver" in the Device Manager. Does Cypress have a I2C utility? Except the test utility.

Appreciate,

Lei

0 Likes

Hello,

Please download USB-Serial SDK from the following link - https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/usb-serial-software-development-kit

After installing you can find I2CMaster example as both CDC and Vendor devices in the examples folder.

In case you would want to test few things you can also check Bridge Control Panel which is a part of PSoC Programmer. You can find the installer here - https://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-programming-solutions

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes