CY7C65211A SPI Pin reassignment

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnMc_4628076
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

The SPI MISO, MOSI, and CLK are pins 21, 22, and 23 of CY7C65211A when configured for SPI mode.

If one were to accidentally assign MISO, MOSI, and CLK to pins 20, 21, and 22, is there any way to perform a pin reassignment via software/firmware so I don't have to change the hardware?

I'm just asking for a friend of mine

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

The pin assignments of SCBs when configured as SPI/I2C/UART are fixed as per Table 16 and Table 17 of the CY7C65215/215A datasheet. This cannot be reconfigured as the firmware of the part is fixed and we do not provide a pin re-configuration option in the USB-Serial Configuration Utility- a tool which is used to configure the device functionality.

Thanks,

Yatheesh 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

The pin assignments of SCBs when configured as SPI/I2C/UART are fixed as per Table 16 and Table 17 of the CY7C65215/215A datasheet. This cannot be reconfigured as the firmware of the part is fixed and we do not provide a pin re-configuration option in the USB-Serial Configuration Utility- a tool which is used to configure the device functionality.

Thanks,

Yatheesh 

0 Likes