Any GUI software available for CYUSBS236 kit custom control?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Edmond
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hello.

I purchased the CYUSBS236 kit.

I'm trying to read/write my target slave device thru SPI using the tool.

Only utility provided with the tool is the configuration and also test utility.

Is there any GUI utility that I could use on Windows based to try to read/write any target device thru SPI/I2C..?

I can't find yet.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Meghavi
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi,

To read/write any SPI slave device, you need to develop a host side application. 

We have an example host application (developed in Visual Studios) for Windows to do data transfers with the on-board SPI EEPROM. The example is located at: <USB-Serial installation directory>\USB-Serial SDK\examples\usbserialexample\spimaster. You need to understand the SPI timing of the Slave device and can alter the example project accordingly.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Meghavi
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi,

To read/write any SPI slave device, you need to develop a host side application. 

We have an example host application (developed in Visual Studios) for Windows to do data transfers with the on-board SPI EEPROM. The example is located at: <USB-Serial installation directory>\USB-Serial SDK\examples\usbserialexample\spimaster. You need to understand the SPI timing of the Slave device and can alter the example project accordingly.

Regards

0 Likes