USB Host for Data Transfer and Power Supply

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ShPe_4630301
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

I'm implementing a Data transfer Interface to bypass the proccessed data from a FPGA to the PC. I need high datarate and Power supply for FPGA and other parts connecting to the FPGA. As follows:

Data Transfer to PC: Sample Data -> FPGA -> USB -> PC

Flashing programs to the boards: PC -> USB -> FPGA/Other MCU

Power Supply: PC -> USB -> FPGA/Other Hardware

Any Ideas, recommendation or suggestion, which IC has to be Chosen?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Please let us know the data rate you require? You could check if FX3, our USB 3.0 controller, would be a suitable part for data transfer and firmware update to FPGA. Please find the relevant App Notes- AN65974 and AN84868.

Please also explain your power supply requirement for FPGA?

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Please let us know the data rate you require? You could check if FX3, our USB 3.0 controller, would be a suitable part for data transfer and firmware update to FPGA. Please find the relevant App Notes- AN65974 and AN84868.

Please also explain your power supply requirement for FPGA?

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

Hello,

Thank you for your response. My candidates are, FX3 and FX3S. I want to use just one USB Type-C to comminucate with pc and get the power from pc. I just created a coarse schematic of the implementation and added to this post. Power has to be standard as usb type-c power delivery, 7,5 W.

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards

M. Peirosystem_usb_interface.PNG

0 Likes

Hello,

Thank you for the update. Please check this KBA for your reference. For the Type-C controller you can check CCG2, CCG3PA or BCR as per requirement.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

Hello,

Thank you so much for your response. I read the documents you've sent to me and if I have still questions, I'll keep in touch with you.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards

M. Peiro

0 Likes