HX3 host controls

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mugiwaraYA
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello,

I am trying to assemble  a 25port hub with HX3 USB3324. I need a way to control the downstream ports individually(switching on/off) on the go , previously I thought of using the EEPROM map to do this but was told that it is not possible to switch the ports on/off without reconfiguring the EEPROM or resetting.

Is there any way for the "HOST"  to control the downstream ports on the last tier (designed in 5 tier's including the host and devices ) , by any software or Hardware implementation?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

The host could access the hub configuration through vendor interface but the current hub firmware supports this only while using Blaster Plus. So, once the hub binds to the vendor driver, host writes the hub configuration (includes port enable/disable) to the EEPROM using vendor commands and this is later used by HX3 while booting up in I2C master mode.

Hence, unfortunately, modifying the configuration on the go from the host using software implementation wont be possible with the fixed firmware implementation in HX3.

The pin-strap configuration could be the hardware implementation that you could use for port enable/disable but even that is read only on bootup.

Best Regards,
Sananya

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

The host could access the hub configuration through vendor interface but the current hub firmware supports this only while using Blaster Plus. So, once the hub binds to the vendor driver, host writes the hub configuration (includes port enable/disable) to the EEPROM using vendor commands and this is later used by HX3 while booting up in I2C master mode.

Hence, unfortunately, modifying the configuration on the go from the host using software implementation wont be possible with the fixed firmware implementation in HX3.

The pin-strap configuration could be the hardware implementation that you could use for port enable/disable but even that is read only on bootup.

Best Regards,
Sananya

mugiwaraYA
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Thank you very much for clarifying my queries. 

0 Likes