CY7C65642-48AXCT

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaT_4696526
Level 1
Level 1

1.Could you share the nominal voltage on the XTAL-OUT pin?

2. Any application note available for CY7C65642. if yes share the link also.

3. Port indicator has two modes mentioned in datasheet, that are manual and automatic. How to configure it?

4. What should be the drive condition of LED (Whether it is active low or high)

5. Pin 46 has three function GREEN[1]/SPI_SK/FIXED_PORT1 . i required Green LED function in that case what i have to do fixed port (non-removable).

6. Is it mandatory to configure non removable port? what is the purpose of the configuration.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

1. The voltage on XOUT pin should be around 3.3V.

2. Please refer to the App Note on hardware guidelines for HX2VL.

3. The manual mode depends on whether you configure the pins for Pin-strap inputs since they are multi-purpose pins.

4. It is active high by default so have internal pull down resistor.

5. If you would like to use the pin as a Green LED output, please connect it to a LED through a resistor as shown in the schematic from our DVK.

6. No, it is not mandatory to make a port non-removable. It can be set when the port has an embedded device.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

1. The voltage on XOUT pin should be around 3.3V.

2. Please refer to the App Note on hardware guidelines for HX2VL.

3. The manual mode depends on whether you configure the pins for Pin-strap inputs since they are multi-purpose pins.

4. It is active high by default so have internal pull down resistor.

5. If you would like to use the pin as a Green LED output, please connect it to a LED through a resistor as shown in the schematic from our DVK.

6. No, it is not mandatory to make a port non-removable. It can be set when the port has an embedded device.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

Hi Saranya,

1. The voltage on XOUT pin should be around 3.3V

How to identify the Xout pin voltage in design stage. I read crystal power should be less than drive level.

To verify the condition i required Xout voltage. Kindly tell me the typical voltage on the pin.

So if i configure the pin as pin strap, it will be treated as Manual mode. am i right?

4. Impact on Reset for power output

5.When the outputs are active for user reset?

6.Timing diagram of reset to identify whether it will active for rising edge or falling edge

0 Likes

Hello,

1. Please refer to section 3.2.1 in the App Note which shows drive level calculation using maximum XOUT as 3.3V.

2. Yes, you are right.

3. Please clarify if you are referring to the PWR[] pins?

4. During reset, all the GPIOs will be configured as inputs.

5. We currently dont have timing measurements done.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes