updating CYPD4225 firmware base version

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hbCIN
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 25 sign-ins First solution authored

While I was trying to configure the CY4541 EVK as a CCG4 Monitor I encountered the problem that I cant program the firmware onto the CYPD4425. Trying to do so gave the following error: "Error: Configuration table version is not compatible with device firmware". 

The config table major version for a CCG4 monitor is locked to version 2 in the EZ-PD configuration utility. The base version of the CYPD4225 firmware is 1.0.0.263. 

hbCIN_0-1660920350485.png

Is there a way to update the base version of the CYPD4225 to version 2 or higher? I tried to look for a way to do so myself but couldn't find a solution.

Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

CYPD4225 can be used for the Monitor application, however as I have stated earlier, CY4541 has Notebook firmware by default which is expecting Config table major version 1. You need to use the actual "Monitor" application firmware which is available in Dock SDK. But this firmware may not be directly compatible with the EVK. You have to check pin compatibility and then program.

Best regards,
Pranava

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Pranava_YN

Hi,

"Monitor" configuration in the Configuration utility is for the Dock design. The firmware for the same can be found in EZ-PD Dock SDK.

CY4541 will by default have Notebook firmware running, therefore "Notebook" configuration should be used with that. This configuration will have option to change Config table major revision to 1.

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes

Hi Pranava,
Thank you for your reply!

I found that using the "Notebook" configuration is capable with the CY4541. I however want to change it to a "Monitor" configuration so i can check how certain pins behave. 

In the configuration tool it is possible to select the CYPD4225 with the "Monitor" configuration. Is it simply not possible to change the config major table version on the CY4541 EVK? If so could you explain why the CYPD4225 is listed with the "Monitor" configuration but cant be used?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
hbCIN

0 Likes
Pranava_YN

Hi,

CYPD4225 can be used for the Monitor application, however as I have stated earlier, CY4541 has Notebook firmware by default which is expecting Config table major version 1. You need to use the actual "Monitor" application firmware which is available in Dock SDK. But this firmware may not be directly compatible with the EVK. You have to check pin compatibility and then program.

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes