Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

USB EZ-PD™ Type-C Forum Discussions

beyuc_3712261
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

My project is based on reference project firmware CYPD3120-40LQXI_dp_dongle it partly works except the power charging.

Below is the diagram. Before Samsung is plugged in the USB-C the MOSFET switch is off so when Samsung is plugged in the USB-C the Dp-to-HDMI converter and USB hub start working. But Samsung is a power source.

I can use one of the GPIO P1.0 or P1.1 to turn on/off the MOSFET switch. I would like to turn on the MOSFET switch to charge the Samsung from the dc/dc power supply. Could you please tell me how I can send a command to Samsung to change to power sink?

Thanks,

Derong Yuan

p1.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
Moderator 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 solutions authored

Hi Derong Yuan,

We have already shared the example code in the threadCCG3 charge through dongle firmware The attached file is for initial PR_SWAP and DR_SWAP to make sure CCG3 is target for Power source and Data device.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
ShifangZ_26
Moderator 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 solutions authored

Hi Derong Yuan,

We have already shared the example code in the threadCCG3 charge through dongle firmware The attached file is for initial PR_SWAP and DR_SWAP to make sure CCG3 is target for Power source and Data device.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes