power charge still not work (question for Lisa only)

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
beyuc_3712261
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Lisa,

I replaced the MOSFET name PD_FET_DR_N_JN_FET in pd_hal_set_fet_drive() of main.c and the variable pd_pctrl_drive and pd_cctrl_drive (the consume control signal is not used in my project) of pdss_hal.c with PD_FET_DR_P_JN_FET and found the VBUS_P_CTRL 0/1 might work but the Samsung in the USB-C is still not being charged.

main.c:

pd_hal_set_fet_drive(PD_FET_DR_P_JN_FET, PD_FET_DR_P_JN_FET);

pdss_hal.c:

/* Configuration provided from solution. */

static pd_fet_dr_t      pd_pctrl_drive              = PD_FET_DR_P_JN_FET;

static pd_fet_dr_t      pd_cctrl_drive              = PD_FET_DR_P_JN_FET;

The MOSFET is not turned on before and after Samsung plugged.

before Samsung plugged in: VBUS_P_CTRL1 =4.0V, VBUS_P_CTRL0=4.2V, VBUS =0v

after Samsung plugged in: VBUS_P_CTRL1=4.2V, VBUS_P_CTRL0=4.2V,VBUS=5.2v (the power from Samsung)

The CYPD3123 is powered on all the time by a +5v dc/dc in cicruit.

Below are measured signal voltages from a purchased board with CYPD3125 as power delivery:

before Samsung plugged in: VBUS_P_CTRL1 =1.6V, VBUS_P_CTRL0=1.6V, VBUS =2.48v

after Samsung plugged in: VBUS_P_CTRL1=0V, VBUS_P_CTRL0=0V,VBUS=5.1v

Please advise.

Thanks,

Derong Yuan

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Derong,

The U6 should be load on your board.

From your configuration of gate drive is P MOS FET, the CCG3 is working correctly with your case when U6 is load. The Provider path is enabled by VBUS_P_CTRL0/1 =0, this is P MOS drive logic. But the small error on your end is the status of before Samsung plugged in, the VBUS_P_CTRL0/1 = 1.6V and VBUS = 2.48. Please kindly follow my comment to change the pull-down resistor to pull-up to make sure VBUS_P_CTRL is same value as power source side. So that the VBUS will comes to 0V at unattached status.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Derong,

The U6 should be load on your board.

From your configuration of gate drive is P MOS FET, the CCG3 is working correctly with your case when U6 is load. The Provider path is enabled by VBUS_P_CTRL0/1 =0, this is P MOS drive logic. But the small error on your end is the status of before Samsung plugged in, the VBUS_P_CTRL0/1 = 1.6V and VBUS = 2.48. Please kindly follow my comment to change the pull-down resistor to pull-up to make sure VBUS_P_CTRL is same value as power source side. So that the VBUS will comes to 0V at unattached status.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes