USB EZ-PD™ Type-C Forum Discussions
EZ-PDTM CCG3PA-NFET is now available for your next power adapter designs!
CCG3PA-NET is a highly integrated USB-C Power Delivery port controller for power adapters.
It integrates a NFET gate driver and is compatible with the latest USB-C Power Delivery standard.
In addition, CCG3PA-NFET supports legacy charging protocols without additional BOM.
Designers now can choose either NFET or PFET to work with the CCG3PA family of USB-C port controllers – Use NFET with CCG3PA-NFET, or PFET with CCG3PA.
- Supports USB PD 3.0 with Programmable Power Supply (PPS)
- Supports QC4+, QC4.0, QC3.0, QC2.0, Samsung AFC, Apple charging and BC v1.2
- Integrates NFET gate driver to drive the load switch
- 5 m Ω Current sense resistor
- Supports independent constant current (CC) and constant voltage (CV) modes of operation
- Protects against accidental VBUS to CC short
- 24-QFN package (4 x 4) with –40 °C to +105 °C extended industrial temperature range
- USB-C Reference schematics available for both opto coupler and Direct feedback designs.
Here's the: Product Brief
Here's the: Reference Design for a 65W power adapter
The EZ-PD Barrel Connector Replacement (BCR) controller is a USB-C Power Delivery solution dedicated to power sink applications. The BCR controller acts as a Up Facing Port (UFP) and interoperates with any USB-C Down Facing Port (DFP) or Dual-Role Port (DRP) for establishing a USB-PD contract. The BCR controller can be fully configured by hardware using pin-strapping, or by software using Host Processor Interface (HPI) commands from an external I2C master (e.g. MCU). The EZ-PD BCR HPI Utility is a GUI-based application that guides users through the process of configuring the BCR controller using HPI. The utility allows users to:
- Evaluate the usage of HPI using the EZ-PD BCR Kit and a Windows-based PC.
- Select and configure the desired BCR controller settings using HPI that overrides the preset hardware configuration on the BCR Kit.
- Monitor the real-time status of USB-C connection, Power source capabilities, USB PD power contract, VBus voltage, etc.
The EZ-PD BCR HPI utility and associated documentation are available to download at:Show Less
So after 7 months of asking for support we still have no information on how to roll our own firmware for this PD hub controller, everytime we ask for help we get an email asking how many millions of units will we be buying anytime soon.
Yes this is a JOKE to some sales guys that work at cypress, we need to make a working proto before we even know if customers will accept this solution ...
possibly someone would be nice enough to let us know how to deal with boards we built based on hundreds of emails between cypress and our tech design team . our design is not standard reference it uses MPQ4230 buck/boost IC so therefore we need to be able to build our own firmware , we have other MPQ 3171 working firmware so we feel comfortable porting it over if we had some help
-------------------------- where we are now
Board is built and working (for the most part)
Design is currently accepting firmware as described in
EZ-USB® HX3PD Configuration Utility
Version 1.0 Alpha, March 28, 2018
we have hub identified in device mgr.
we can pass usb HS data to all ports (mux not working due to polarity report in PD section we assume)
no PD power due to MPQ power Section instead of reference OnSemi, we also have a total of three PD ports so we used a standard CYPD3171 for our UFP port power
------------ what we need
just some help in building the MPQ firmware for this specific IC CYUSB4347-BZXCShow Less