anybody experience with: fpga with HDMI core<=> HDMI<=> USB_C

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
roprc_3346246
Level 2
Level 2

Hello All

Anybody experience with the following:

FPGA with HDMI IP core <=> interface (drivers and USB-C PD control <=> USB-C connector?

regards

Ron Proveniers

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Ron,

Cypress only have Type-C connector + Type-C power delivery control solution, you could kindly refer to it.

EZ-PD™ CCG3 USB Type-C to HDMI Adapter Solution

EZ-PD™ CCG3 based HDMI over Type-C Cable Reference Design

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Ron,

Cypress only have Type-C connector + Type-C power delivery control solution, you could kindly refer to it.

EZ-PD™ CCG3 USB Type-C to HDMI Adapter Solution

EZ-PD™ CCG3 based HDMI over Type-C Cable Reference Design

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Thanks Lisz,

I have looked at the possibilities but with the CCG3 i also have to control a TUSB1046 switch via I2C.

Are there any examples how to control this TI USB switch??? does the standard firmware do this or do i have to adapt the PSOC firmware myself?

thanks

Ron

HDMI_to_USB_C.PNG

0 Likes

Hi Ron,

We do not have example for controlling TI USB switch, but I think the I2C control is easy to implement. Since Our firmware example on CYPD3123 have I2C control for PS8740. You could take a look and refer to.

Please kindly find the correct FAE for your Regional from the LINK: Cypress Franchised Distributors

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Thanks Lisz,

Do you have a link to ":

"the I2C control is easy to implement. Since Our firmware example on CYPD3123 have I2C control for PS8740. You could take a look and refer to."

i could not locate it on Cypress website?

thanks

Ron

0 Likes

Hi Ron,

If you have chance to install CCGx SDK, you could find out CYPD3123 example firmware. Download link: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-pd-software-development-kit?source=sear...

Best Regards,

Lisa

Hallo Lisz,

Who is the local representive or FAE in the Netherlands??

thanks

Ron

0 Likes