Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AllenWang
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hi experts,

I am currently working on the PD application with the XDPS2221. In order to verify the AHB topology as proposed in your datasheet, I started by using a waveform generator to generate a 50% duty cycle PWM signal at a frequency of 250kHz to check the correctness of my main circuit. However, I have encountered a significant oscillation when the lower switch turns off

In the example provided below, the pink line represents the voltage of the switching node, the green line represents the current on the primary side of the transformer, and the blue line represents the current on the secondary side of the transformer. As you can see from the figure, the high oscillation current appears on the primary side but not on the secondary side.

I have already attempted to reduce the Cps/Coss, but it did not resolve the issue.

I am eagerly awaiting your response as I need to confirm the correctness of my main circuit before proceeding further with the XDPS2221 

example 1:

AllenWang_0-1685690399603.png

example 2:

AllenWang_1-1685690485530.png

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Look forward to your reply!

Allen

0 Likes
1 Solution
Neo_Qin
5 likes given 250 replies posted 250 sign-ins

Dear @AllenWang ,

Since the relevant case you created in the Infineon MSD system is set to "resolved" status, I will close this thread.
We hope to continue working with you in the future.

BR,

Neo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Neo_Qin

Hi @AllenWang ,

I noticed that you posted the same issue on the Power Management board. I have given a preliminary response to that question. For convenience, I suggest that we continue the discussion in that thread:

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Power-Management-ICs/XDPS2201-Application/td-p/445600

BR, Neo

0 Likes
Neo_Qin

Dear @AllenWang ,

Since the relevant case you created in the Infineon MSD system is set to "resolved" status, I will close this thread.
We hope to continue working with you in the future.

BR,

Neo

0 Likes