Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

USB EZ-PD™ Type-C

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a USB-C powered design where I am drawing my power +5V from VBUS. I need some sort of protection IC for situations where VBUS might be +20V that also deals \ protects from the Inrush Current requirements of USB. I am looking for an IC that will give me the protection against the over voltage but at the same time when VBUS is applied provide the required USB-C\USB 2.0 Inrush Current protection without the need of an enable pin !

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
Moderator 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 solutions authored

Hi Shmuel Davis,

Cypress have totally solution for Type-C with power delivery. You could get all of reference design from link: USB Type-C and Power Delivery  .

Your design is power sink role. Cypress CYPD3171, CYPD3125, CYPD3120 can meet your requirements. For CYPD3171 have LSA block inside of chip, which can support the OCP/OVP/UVP for the design. And the inrush current can be decreased by two mos fets and bulk cap on customer path.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ShifangZ_26

Hi Shmuel Davis,

Cypress have totally solution for Type-C with power delivery. You could get all of reference design from link: USB Type-C and Power Delivery  .

Your design is power sink role. Cypress CYPD3171, CYPD3125, CYPD3120 can meet your requirements. For CYPD3171 have LSA block inside of chip, which can support the OCP/OVP/UVP for the design. And the inrush current can be decreased by two mos fets and bulk cap on customer path.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have anything equivalent to the TI TPD1S514 but whoes inrush current is not dependant upon an enable pin ?

0 Likes
ShifangZ_26

Hi Shmuel Davis,

We are so sorry for that we do not have totally same function chip as TI TPD1S514.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes