Understanding linker script of DMC controller

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
srihariraom
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins First solution authored First reply posted

Hi,

I am trying to understand the DMC controller linker script. I understood that GCC generates the linker script and then we can use it to customize based on our requirements. I also see that the DMC project CY7C65219-40LQXIT has a custom linker script cm0gcc.ld that has been used. I am confused with some references used in the linker script.

srihariraom_0-1632719772211.png

In the above image, I see that there is a reference made to '$CYDEV_FLS_SIZE' and '$SRAM_BYTES'. But where does this exists? From where does the linker load these values? Where should I look if I want to alter them?

Regards,

Srihari Rao M

0 Likes
1 Solution
srihariraom
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins First solution authored First reply posted

Hi,

When EZ-PD CCGx Dock SDK is installed we get three projects in that. We can consider any CY7C65219-40LQXIT_dmc project for this question.

No issue. Now I had found that the linker script that I was referring to (cm0gcc.ld) was different from the one used in the project (cm0g_1.ld and cm0g_2.ld).

But anyhow I would still like to know how symbols are added in PSoC Creator if we were to use cm0gcc.ld

Regards,

Srihari Rao M

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies