Understanding linker script of DMC controller

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
srihariraom
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins First solution authored First reply posted

Hi,

I am trying to understand the DMC controller linker script. I understood that GCC generates the linker script and then we can use it to customize based on our requirements. I also see that the DMC project CY7C65219-40LQXIT has a custom linker script cm0gcc.ld that has been used. I am confused with some references used in the linker script.

srihariraom_0-1632719772211.png

In the above image, I see that there is a reference made to '$CYDEV_FLS_SIZE' and '$SRAM_BYTES'. But where does this exists? From where does the linker load these values? Where should I look if I want to alter them?

Regards,

Srihari Rao M

0 Likes
1 Solution
srihariraom
Employee
Employee

Hi,

When EZ-PD CCGx Dock SDK is installed we get three projects in that. We can consider any CY7C65219-40LQXIT_dmc project for this question.

No issue. Now I had found that the linker script that I was referring to (cm0gcc.ld) was different from the one used in the project (cm0g_1.ld and cm0g_2.ld).

But anyhow I would still like to know how symbols are added in PSoC Creator if we were to use cm0gcc.ld

Regards,

Srihari Rao M

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in response.

Could you please let me know if you are talking about the DMC project present in HX3PD project under CCGX Dock SDK?

0 Likes
srihariraom
Employee
Employee

Hi,

When EZ-PD CCGx Dock SDK is installed we get three projects in that. We can consider any CY7C65219-40LQXIT_dmc project for this question.

No issue. Now I had found that the linker script that I was referring to (cm0gcc.ld) was different from the one used in the project (cm0g_1.ld and cm0g_2.ld).

But anyhow I would still like to know how symbols are added in PSoC Creator if we were to use cm0gcc.ld

Regards,

Srihari Rao M

0 Likes