USBFS for CYPD3120 not supported?

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
TeIk_3653391
Level 4
Level 4
25 sign-ins First like received 10 questions asked

Hi,

I need to support USBUART on the CYPD3120 but it looks like USBFS is not supported by the SDK component. Is there a way around this? Please see attached screenshot.

PSoC and SDK were installed from these packages: EzPdCCGxSdk_3.0.1_Setup.exe and PSoCCreatorSetup_3.3_dp1_b9674.exe. I believe these are correct for CYPD3120 development.  Firmware template is CYPD3120-40LQXI_dp_dongle.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Sorry for late reply. It's possibly dorable just with referring to the code example 'USBFS_UART', in which the low level codes and relevant registers(defined in device TRM document) are revealed for USB-UART to be enabled and configured. You could find it inside PSoC Creator 'Code Example' reservoir.

This code example is developed for PSoC 4200L, but the low level code is also applied to CCG3.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Neo_Qin
5 likes given 250 replies posted 250 sign-ins

Hi @TeIk_3653391 ,

Neo_Qin_0-1674133339625.png

CCG3 integrates a complete full speed USB 2.0 device controller capable of functioning as a Billboard class device. The USB 2.0 device controller can also support other device classes.

If UART is required, it should be configured in the Serial Communication Blocks (SCB). EZ-PD CCG3 has four SCBs, which can be configured to implement an I2C, SPI, or UART interface. 

0 Likes

Thank you for the reply. I'm aware that CCG3 has USB FS device. What I am asking if it's possible to use the USBUART library component of the PSoC creator or do I have to somehow cook up my own?

0 Likes

Hello,

Sorry for late reply. It's possibly dorable just with referring to the code example 'USBFS_UART', in which the low level codes and relevant registers(defined in device TRM document) are revealed for USB-UART to be enabled and configured. You could find it inside PSoC Creator 'Code Example' reservoir.

This code example is developed for PSoC 4200L, but the low level code is also applied to CCG3.  

0 Likes