USB driver and EZ-PD support for HX3PD

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I received an HX3PD eval board.  When I connected it to my PC, I encountered two issues:

1. The PC could not find a driver for the chip and only shows it's a type-C bridge.  Where can I find the driver?

2. I was told the EZ-PD configuration utility could be used to configure the HX3PD chip.  However, the latest version downloaded doesn't support it (yet).  How can I configure this chip?

Thanks.  

0 Likes
1 Solution
RajathB_01
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi Zhaonian,

You will need to download the HX3PD Configuration Utility from the website. The utility is still under development, hence only complete firmware update option is available as of now. If you want a specific configuration as such, Cypress can provide you the required pre-configured firmware image which you can download onto the board. Full version of the utility will be released soon, after which configuration option will be enabled.

Can you specify how you are connecting the hub to your PC?

Regards,

Rajath

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
RajathB_01

Hi Zhaonian,

You will need to download the HX3PD Configuration Utility from the website. The utility is still under development, hence only complete firmware update option is available as of now. If you want a specific configuration as such, Cypress can provide you the required pre-configured firmware image which you can download onto the board. Full version of the utility will be released soon, after which configuration option will be enabled.

Can you specify how you are connecting the hub to your PC?

Regards,

Rajath

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rajath,

thanks for your reply!  I was able to find the config utility online.  However, the HX3PD still shows up on my windows PC without any driver, and peripherals connected on its downstream ports are not functioning properly.  Could you help with the driver issue?

Thanks,

Zhaonian

0 Likes
RajathB_01

Hi Zhaonian,

If its enumerating as Type-C bridge, it should work. Can you please elaborate what exactly is the issue on the DS ports?

Regards,

Rajath

0 Likes