USB-PD ERP sink support

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User22355
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Hi,

I am looking use PD-EPR for 140W support in a sink application. Is there any plan to update the CYPD3177 to support EPR?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Kieran_Pan
250 sign-ins 10 likes received First question asked

Hello,

CYPD3177 only supports PD3.0 now, but it may support the PD3.1(EPR) before the end of 2023.

Best regards,
Kieran

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Kieran_Pan

Hello,

We already have CCG3PA (only CYPD3171), PMG1 and BCR (including CYPD3177 etc.) for sink application.
PMG1 and CYPD3171 already supports the EPR.
I need to double check the BCR condition.
Is it convenient for you to let us know you will use the CYPD3177 in which product.

Best regards,
Kieran

0 Likes

Hi Kieran,

Glad to know that CYPD3171 supports sink application. We have already developed PD application with CYPD3177 for an industrial battery charging and will be great if we can used the EPR with CYPD3177. Please let me know.

0 Likes
Kieran_Pan

Hello,

CYPD3177 only supports PD3.0 now, but it may support the PD3.1(EPR) before the end of 2023.

Best regards,
Kieran

0 Likes

Hey Kieran,

Thank you for the update. Does the same apply to the CYPD3178 as well?

0 Likes
Kieran_Pan

Hello,

No.
Unlike CYPD3177 and CYPD3176, CYPD3178 doesn't support power delivery(PD) protocol. For more details about BCR, you could go to the below link:
https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/universal-serial-bus-usb-power-delivery-controller/usb-c-and... 

Best regards,
Kieran

0 Likes