Thermal Impedance Specification of CYPD3175-24LQX

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Please let me know a CYPD3175-24LQX (CCG3PA) specification for PKG Thermal Impedance, theta-JA and theta-JC/CA.

I cannot find it on datasheet.

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Kenichiro-san,

The CCG3PA datasheet have listed TjA and TjC which is equal to theta-JA and theta-JC/CA you are looking for. The value for 24-QFN is

TJA MAX is 19.98°C/W.

TJC MAX is 4.78°C/W.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Kenichiro-san,

The CCG3PA datasheet have listed TjA and TjC which is equal to theta-JA and theta-JC/CA you are looking for. The value for 24-QFN is

TJA MAX is 19.98°C/W.

TJC MAX is 4.78°C/W.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Lisa,

Sorry it was there as you pointed.

BTW, how about max power consumption specification?

Data sheet shows TJ_max = 120 deg-C, Ta_max = 105 deg-C and the TJA = 19.98 deg/W, but it doesn't mean max power consumption = 0.75W, right?

What is the device specification of max.power consumption? And the customer system environment must be "Tj =< 120deg-C and Ta =< 105 deg-C" or "just Tj =< 120 deg-C"?

I mean whether it's or or not in case "Tj =< 120 deg-C but Ta > 105 deg-C" condition.

BR,

KURO

0 Likes

Hi KURO-san,

1. We do not have tested maximum power consumption of CCGx. Since there are difference application will use difference source inside of CCGx. So that we only list SID.PWR#8 on datasheet for reference. Current will be typical 10mA under condition VDDD = 5 V OR VBUS = 5 V, TA =25 °C. CC1/CC2 in Tx or Rx, no I/O sourcing current, 2 SCBs at 1 Mbps, EA/ADC/CSA/UVOV ON, CPU at24 MHz.

2. We cannot use the the equation (Junction Temperature, Tj = (PD * θJA) + TA) to calculate the Max PD. But you could use this calculate the power consumption if you knew the Tj and TA.

3. For TA and TJ, CCG3PA have SPEC for this. And you are correct that customer system environment must be "Tj =< 120deg-C and Ta =< 105 deg-C".

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes