TBT4 FW Update Tool for Mac

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Eason_Cho
Level 1
Level 1
Distributor - Zenitron(GC)
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Hi,

Gatkex Creek's FW update tool for Mac was working over libusb, when customer would like to install it by manual that which version of libusb is required?

Is it possible of IFX to repackage FW update tool with libusb of of static-library? If it is possible, end customer will not need to install it by manual when customer's MacOS no libusb.

BR

Eason

0 Likes
1 Solution
Wang_Fred
5 questions asked 100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi Eason,

Can you please confirm? - There would have been a tool readme which would have mentioned what minimum version of libUSB needs to be installed

Please attach the readme file in this ticket if it's there.

Thanks, Fred

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Wang_Fred

Hi Eason,

We are checking this issue internally. Will update to you once get confirmation.

Thanks, Fred

0 Likes
Wang_Fred

Hi Eason,

Can you please confirm? - There would have been a tool readme which would have mentioned what minimum version of libUSB needs to be installed

Please attach the readme file in this ticket if it's there.

Thanks, Fred

0 Likes
Eason_Cho
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Fred,

I have no this tool readme on hand, could you share it to me?

BR

Eason

0 Likes
Wang_Fred

Hi Eason,

We need to know the version of tool on customer's hands.

Customer has already get a TBT4 FW Update Tool for Mac, right? It's mostly like there is a readme file existing in the tool package.

If it could not be found, can you get the tool package from customer and upload here? 

Thanks, Fred

0 Likes
Eason_Cho
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Fred,

Due to i had got TBT4 configuration tool by IFX AE, so Customer's fw package is created by me , but I did not see any tool readme about libusb at TBT4 configuration tool.

BR

Eason 

0 Likes