Source CAP for CY4532 100W

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
5 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hello

With reference to KBA226613, I programmed a FW that enabled VCONN to the CY4532 and connected it to the CY4533 KIT. I added "20V/5A" to the Source PDO and it worked, but when I confirmed the CY4500 analyzer log, Src CAP is "20V/3A". Please tell me the possible cause of the event that the SRC CAP current value becomes "3A".

Best Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5

Hello

Thak you for your answer. 

I was able to resolve this issue.

Best Regrads

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Thank you for posting on the Infineon community. 

Can you please comment for the following,

1) Please check the OCP limit that you have set after changing the source PDO to 20V/5A. 

2) Connect 24 V power supply on J2 screw terminals of the Power Board and slide the switch to DC input side.
Note: You must use an external supply instead of the DC jack ( J1) and connect it to J2 terminals else VCONN operation will not happen.

3) Does the supply used here supports 20V/5A?

4) May i know the procedure you are using to set 20V/5A PDO?

5) Please check if the Type C cable that you are using has EMCA support.

6) Ensure that the "cable discovery enable" parameter in the EZ-PD configuration is set to YES. CCG3PA will check for cable identity and will then advertise the 20V/5A PDO.

7) Please share the CC logs. 

Please follow each and every step that is mentioned in the said KBA under the section " How do I add VCONN support to the EVK?"

Regards,
Abhilash P 

0 Likes
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5

Hello

Thak you for your answer. 

I was able to resolve this issue.

Best Regrads