Sleep mode for CYPD3177

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
5 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hi

Q1) Is it ok to think that CYPD3177 can detect changes in external signals(H/L)?
Q2) Is there a way to put CYPD3177 on standby using GPIO?
Q3) I am thinking that It would be possible to use I2C and put it on standby, but is it actually done using the HPI protocol?
Q4) Also, is it possible to enter both Sleep / DeepSleep as above(Q2 and Q3)?

Best Regards

Arai

0 Likes
1 Solution

Unfortunately, CYPD3177 (BCR) default firmware does not enter neither Sleep nor DeepSleep mode.

This dicussion had already closed.

Best regards,

Hirotaka Takayama

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi ,

A1: It is possible to achieve that.

A2: It is possible, but you need to make sure you do not care other conditions (CC negotiation, ...).

A3: CCG3PA is not support HPI. If you could like to use I2C command to let CCG3PA enter deep sleep mode, it is similar as #2 above which is need firmware customize support.

A4: It is possible to achieve that.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Lisa san

This is BCR device(CYPD3177), Connect the external microcomputer and BCR(CYPD3177) with GPIO.

Q1)

If they want BCR(CYPD3177) to be on standby or wake-up from standby by an edge signal(H->L, L->H) from the microcomputer, could you  please tell me the details for setting of BCR(CYPD3177)?

Q2)

Also, I would like to turn Vbus FET off when BCR(CYPD3177) is on standby. Is it possible turned off automatically?

If impossible, pleasse tell me how to control Vbus FET Synchronize to the state of standby

Best Regards

Arai

0 Likes
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

Any updates? We have to make clear about BCR stanby function ASAP.

Bets Regards

Macnica/Arai

0 Likes
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

This is additional questiones.

There are descriptions of Sleep and Deep sleep mode in the BCR Data Sheet, but how can I put it into sleep mode? and, how can I wake-up from each sleep modes?

(In English)

BCRのデータシートには、SLEEPとDEEP SLEEPという記述がありますが、どのようにして、これらのスリープモードに入れる事が出来るのでしょうか?又、ウェイクアップの方法も教えて下さい

荒井

0 Likes

Unfortunately, CYPD3177 (BCR) default firmware does not enter neither Sleep nor DeepSleep mode.

This dicussion had already closed.

Best regards,

Hirotaka Takayama

0 Likes