SVID

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoBo_4573796
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to connect a CCG3 CY4531 evaluation kit to a CY4541 evaluation kit via the USB-C port.  I would like the CCG3 development kit to respond to the CY4541 with my own arbitrarily defined SVID messages.  I would be happy if the SVID is sent and just dropped on the floor. I would also like the CCG3 to be the UFP and the CCG4 to be the DFP.  Example of a SVID is shown below.  What else do I have to configure on the CCG3 and CCG4 and what software changes are required?  I have been poking around and trying different things and it seem I have already blown up the input on one p

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

1. The SVID you are using is incorrect. The SVID number of 0xFF01 is for DisplayPort Alt Mode. And all of the Mode is defined in the DisplayPort Alt Mode over Type-C. So that the value in the Mode is not the random value.

2. If you just want to change the mode of SVID, there no need additional firmware changes need in the project of PSoC Creator. Since the Alternate mode support information will be cached by firmware configure table. You just need update the config.c in the firmware or save to HEX file.

3. If you want to add additional SVID, the correct way is:

a. Select SVID Configuration and Add a node under SVID Configuration.

pastedImage_0.png

b. Edit the SVID and Mode as per your requirements.

pastedImage_1.png

c. And then, you need add the SVID into the project and customize the firmware of Alt mode folder. You could refer all of contents of code define and flow under Macro Define DP_DFP_SUPP or DP_UFP_SUPP to customize your firmware.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

1. The SVID you are using is incorrect. The SVID number of 0xFF01 is for DisplayPort Alt Mode. And all of the Mode is defined in the DisplayPort Alt Mode over Type-C. So that the value in the Mode is not the random value.

2. If you just want to change the mode of SVID, there no need additional firmware changes need in the project of PSoC Creator. Since the Alternate mode support information will be cached by firmware configure table. You just need update the config.c in the firmware or save to HEX file.

3. If you want to add additional SVID, the correct way is:

a. Select SVID Configuration and Add a node under SVID Configuration.

pastedImage_0.png

b. Edit the SVID and Mode as per your requirements.

pastedImage_1.png

c. And then, you need add the SVID into the project and customize the firmware of Alt mode folder. You could refer all of contents of code define and flow under Macro Define DP_DFP_SUPP or DP_UFP_SUPP to customize your firmware.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

The issue I am having is that the UFP device is not sending the SVID that was defined with both the EZ-PD Configuration Utility and the config.c file that was generated from the utility tool.  When the DFP sends a “Discovery Identity” message, the UFP incorrectly sends a SVID of 0xFF00 instead of the desired 0x134A SVID with the mode types defined for that SVID.  What am I doing incorrectly?

UFP Configuration:

pastedImage_5.png

UFP Discovery Identity Response:

pastedImage_6.png

0 Likes

You need change the default firmware (You are using CCG4 as per the screen shot) and refer below blog at first.

https://community.cypress.com/community/usb/ez-pd-type-c-usb/blog/2018/12/25/config-ccgx-firmware-fo...

And then, add SVID additional -- Select SVID Configuration and click +Add, SVID 0 will be add under SVID Configuration. It means the CCG4 will have SVID 0 and SVID 1. The SVID = 0x19A5. And then, the CCG4 will reply the Discovery Identify with two SVIDs.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes