Register Descriptions for HX3PD

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
cvanbeek
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

I'm using the CYUSB4347 HX3PD chip for a power delivery device.  The datasheet (page 12) shows that an embedded controller can interface with the HX3PD over the I2C_2  interface.  Is there a separate document for this i2c interface that includes register descriptions and available commands?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Cory,

Sincere apologies for the delay in response, I was checking internally with the concerned team for the feasibility of your application. Please find the responses below: 

-The HX3PD PD controller can support only 2 ports and act as a source. So, you would have to add external PD controller for the other two ports and modify the firmware accordingly.

-Please note that HX3PD PD ports are designed for PD Source role and not designed for DRP role so the device could only be sinking power.

-The PD contract related information from HX3PD PD controller can be sent through the DMC as it acts as I2C master for the PD controller on the I2C_1 interface.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies