Rear seat charger with EZ-PD™ CCG3PA

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
profhell
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Dear all,

First of, apologies if I've missed this as a FAQ, but haven't been able to find a similar query.

I'm looking into designing a multi-port rear seat charger with the CCG3PA. So far, I've not been able to find any design resources (such as datasheets and reference designs ...etc) on the Infineon website.

Am I missing something? is there a process to go through, in order to gain access?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Thank you for posting on the Infineon Community. 

At Infineon, we do have reference designs for rear seat charger using CCG3PA ( CYPD3196 ). 

The different reference design kits and their comparison is as shown below, 

Abhilash_P_0-1657011644493.png

Abhilash_P_1-1657011698003.png

For the automotive sdk support and reference designs, please contact local sales / FAE. 

For latest designs it is recommended to use CCG7D Type C port controller with integrated buck boost controller. EZ-PD™ CCG7D is a highly integrated and programable dual-port USB Type-C Power Delivery (PD) solution with integrated Buck-Boost controllers. It complies to the latest USB Type-C and PD specifications, and is targeted for multi-port consumer charging applications. CCG7D supports a wide input voltage range (4V-24V with 40V tolerance) and programmable switching frequency (150 kHz-600 kHz) in an integrated PD solution. Integration offered by CCG7D not only reduces the BOM but also provides a footprint optimized solution to support higher power density designs. CCG7D supports advanced features such as dynamic load-sharing, signed field firmware upgrade, and optimized buck input voltage.

For datasheet, reference designs and demo boards, please contact Infineon local sales office / FAE. 

I hope the above explanation has helped you in knowing the different rear seat charger controllers from Infineon. 

Regards,
Abhilash P

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Thank you for posting on the Infineon Community. 

At Infineon, we do have reference designs for rear seat charger using CCG3PA ( CYPD3196 ). 

The different reference design kits and their comparison is as shown below, 

Abhilash_P_0-1657011644493.png

Abhilash_P_1-1657011698003.png

For the automotive sdk support and reference designs, please contact local sales / FAE. 

For latest designs it is recommended to use CCG7D Type C port controller with integrated buck boost controller. EZ-PD™ CCG7D is a highly integrated and programable dual-port USB Type-C Power Delivery (PD) solution with integrated Buck-Boost controllers. It complies to the latest USB Type-C and PD specifications, and is targeted for multi-port consumer charging applications. CCG7D supports a wide input voltage range (4V-24V with 40V tolerance) and programmable switching frequency (150 kHz-600 kHz) in an integrated PD solution. Integration offered by CCG7D not only reduces the BOM but also provides a footprint optimized solution to support higher power density designs. CCG7D supports advanced features such as dynamic load-sharing, signed field firmware upgrade, and optimized buck input voltage.

For datasheet, reference designs and demo boards, please contact Infineon local sales office / FAE. 

I hope the above explanation has helped you in knowing the different rear seat charger controllers from Infineon. 

Regards,
Abhilash P

0 Likes