Re: CYPD3175 with UFP DisplayPort

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi,

In the firmware I sent to you, enable UFP_ALT_MODE_SUPP marco and set UFP_MAX_SVID_SUPP to (1u). Test the firmware and let me know if the issue still exists.

Regards,
Eddie

0 Likes
1 Solution
YiZ_31

Hi Jeremy,

Have you set Modal Operation supported to Yes? That could cause some of this kind of issue.

Regards,
Eddie

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
JeGr_4019896
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Hi Eddie,

I was able to make the CYPD3175 work correctly with a modified version of the FW you sent me.

I am running into a new obstacle now. If I use a USB-C cable from Apple, the alt mode functionality no longer works. It appears that with an Apple cable the Enter Mode Request never happens. Please see the images attached.

pastedImage_0.png

^Discover Identity between source and sink

pastedImage_1.png

^With Apple Cable

pastedImage_2.png

^Non apple cable

Thanks,

Jeremy

0 Likes
YiZ_31

Hi Jeremy,

If my understand is correct, your source device stop sending Endter Mode with an Apple Cable. May be you should take a look at your source device.

Regards,
Eddie

0 Likes
YiZ_31

Hi Jeremy,

Have you set Modal Operation supported to Yes? That could cause some of this kind of issue.

Regards,
Eddie

0 Likes

Hi Eddie,

I do not have control over the source device, I can only configure the cypress chip in this setup.

I do have modal operation supported. I am wondering if this is a problem related to thunderbolt 3 not being supported by the FW of CYPD3175.

Jeremy

0 Likes