Question about CCG4 programming with Miniprog3 SWD

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YuMa_3698771
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Expert

I have question about VDDD voltage when programming CCG4 with Miniprog3 SWD. According to article "KBA96477" ,CCG4 VDDD should be connected to +5V,which is different from CCG3 and CCG2.  Why should it be tied to 5V? What's problem will happen if it is tied to 3.3V to do programming?

If I connected both VDDD and VDDIO of CCG4 to 5V,is there any problem on programming?

Thanks and Best regards

MaYue

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Yes, 3.3V programming can be used for CCG4. Please make sure that the board is powered ( i.e VDDD and VDDIO pins are given an input voltage of 3.3V) .

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

The devices (CCG3, CCG4 and CCG5) can be programmed in both 3.3V and 5V level provided that VDDD and VDDIO receive power (5V or 3.3V). While programming the device using only the daughter card, the power is provided through the VTARG pin of miniprog 3 and it will power only V5P0 pin(please refer to the hardware schematic of respective boards) and not V3P0. Hence, we need to connect VDDD to 5V on the daughter card while programming through the SWD.

There will be no problem if both VDDD and VDDIO is shorted.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hi Yatheesh

Thank you for support!

I think Miniprog3 can input 3.3v to VTARG to program CCG4 of daughter card after checking CY4541 CCG4 daughter card schematic. I don't know if there is any problem on 3.3V VTARG?

Thanks and Best regards

Mayue

0 Likes

Hello,

Yes, 3.3V programming can be used for CCG4. Please make sure that the board is powered ( i.e VDDD and VDDIO pins are given an input voltage of 3.3V) .

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes