Purchase assembled reference EZ-PD™ CCG3 USB Type-C Charge-Through Dongle

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
aldr_3203566
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

I am currently working on developing a USB-C based adapter to USB2 that can charge a mobile phone as well as provide USB2 communication.  The goal is to be able to connect a USB keyboard to a mobile phone (smart phone) and be able to charge the phone at the same time.

I have worked out the firmware for the most part using CYPD 2122-24LXQIT found in the CY4521 EZ-PD™ CCG2 Evaluation Kit to always do a DR_SWAP to ensure the data direction is correct, and do a PD_SWAP based on a GPIO pin.  I have been using this evaluation kit, but, as known, it is not tailored to this specific task.  I must provide power to the USB device among other small things.

I am considering the CCG3 because of the fast PD_SWAP feature available and would prefer a completed hardware design platform to soon begin software development.

The following reference design is very close to what I would like to produce for a final solution, and would like ti purchase it from Cypress if there is any stock of the kit available.  It is difficult to make and parts are difficult to source in small quantity.

EZ-PD™ CCG3 USB Type-C Charge-Through Dongle

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/reference-designs/ez-pd-ccg3-usb-type-c-charge-through-dongle

Has this PCB been made assembled internally? If there is any stock available it would immensely help with some design.

Can an engineer or sales representative confirm if there is any stock possibly available for purchase of this reference design?  I am looking to acquire 2-5 PCBs.  I would honestly prefer purchasing a confirmed working hardware platform versus having the PCB fabricated in such small quantity.

0 Likes
1 Solution
RajathB_01
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi Allan,

The EZ-PD™ CCG3 USB Type-C Charge-Through Dongle is only a reference design and is not manufactured by Cypress for sale. Sorry about that.

Please download the design files provided in the website if you like to try fabricating the boards and ask for any technical support you would be needing in the process.

Best regards,

Rajath

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
RajathB_01
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi Allan,

The EZ-PD™ CCG3 USB Type-C Charge-Through Dongle is only a reference design and is not manufactured by Cypress for sale. Sorry about that.

Please download the design files provided in the website if you like to try fabricating the boards and ask for any technical support you would be needing in the process.

Best regards,

Rajath

0 Likes

Hi Rajath,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I am disappointed to hear this, as I believe it would be a useful development platform.

You might put in a suggestion to have it offered in the future if possible.

I have purchased other CCG development kits and am very satisfied with being able to immediately begin software development.  I believe this would be a great addition to the current offerings.

I will attempt to have it fabricated with our PCB manufacturer.

Sincerely,

Allan

0 Likes

Hi Allan,

Thank you for the input from your side. We'll look into that.

Reach out to the community whenever you need support on this project.

Best regards,

Rajath

0 Likes