Programming CYPD3125 with MiniProg3 and PSoC creator

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Michael_Y
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hi,

I inherited a board already built with CYPD3125-40LQXIT, but not programmed and debugged.  I need to change the default to Power Sink and output data (DFP).  I also need to change pin_29 (VBUS_C_CTRL1) and pin_30(VBUS_C_CTRL0)  to "high" at power on,

1. Can I use SWD and Miniprog3 to accomplish these?

2. If so, how do I program it? Any training material, or samples?

3. The previous guy only brought out pin_15(SWD0_DAT) and pin_16(SWD0_CLK) to a debug connector.  Is it sufficient to establish SWD communication with just 2 lines? 

Additional questions:

4. Supposedly CYPD3125 already has a I2C bootloader.  I used EZ-PD Configuration Utility + Ginkgo USB to I2C converter --> connect to CYPD3125 I2C_1, I2C_2, failed to establish communication. No bus signals are seemed on a scope.  Why?

5. The previous guy followed Cypress reference design and used a FED to conduct power.  Pin_29, 30 are enabled pins for the FED. 

Thanks,

Michael

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

"I need to change the default to Power Sink and output data (DFP)"

You can use the EZ-PD Config utility to carry out this task. Please refer the attached document for this.

Yes, you can use SWD and miniprog to program the chip.

2. If so, how do I program it? Any training material, or samples

Please refer the attached materials for carrying out this step. The document having the programming steps using miniprog is attached.

3. The previous guy only brought out pin_15(SWD0_DAT) and pin_16(SWD0_CLK) to a debug connector.  Is it sufficient to establish SWD communication with just 2 lines? 

Please find below the image showing the connections between the miniprog and the controller 

Abhilash_P_0-1628659019184.png

4. Supposedly CYPD3125 already has a I2C bootloader.  I used EZ-PD Configuration Utility + Ginkgo USB to I2C converter --> connect to CYPD3125 I2C_1, I2C_2, failed to establish communication. No bus signals are seemed on a scope.  Why?

Please follow the steps mentioned in the page 14 of CCG3 datasheet for programming the controller chip. 

Regards,

Abhilash P

View solution in original post

1 Reply
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

"I need to change the default to Power Sink and output data (DFP)"

You can use the EZ-PD Config utility to carry out this task. Please refer the attached document for this.

Yes, you can use SWD and miniprog to program the chip.

2. If so, how do I program it? Any training material, or samples

Please refer the attached materials for carrying out this step. The document having the programming steps using miniprog is attached.

Please find below the image showing the connections between the miniprog and the controller 

Abhilash_P_0-1628659019184.png

Please follow the steps mentioned in the page 14 of CCG3 datasheet for programming the controller chip. 

Regards,

Abhilash P