Problem communication I2C with CCG1 evm host board

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HsCh_3227321
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I want to use the EZ-PD configuration Unity to program the CCG2 emarker board.

When i connect the GGC1 host board to the computer, the USB-Serial Bridge devices found, the error occurred and  said that "Failed to communicate with CCGx device over I2C".

First i thought this may be the firmware's problem. so i reprogram the firmware with the Host_DisplayPortDemo.hex which locates in the CY4501 CCG1 DVK.

Having the same problem after reprogramming the ccg1 host board,

Any idea about solving this problem?

Thanks.

John

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi John,

Please kindly wait for a moment, the Ez-PD configuration Utility is fixing this. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please check if your schematics are fine with the I2C part.

0 Likes

Hi

I think the I2C part is working, because i can see the ACK from the CCG1 when the CY765215 which is the bridge between the computer and the CCG1 communicates with the CCG1 via I2C .

But i don't know if the data is correct.

Where could i find the reference doc about defining the register's address of the I2C of the CCG1 and the detail of how to configure / read the data from the CCG1  via the I2C ?

Thanks.

John

0 Likes

Hi John,

1. May I know whether you have been tried client board on your end? If the client board can be identify, please kindly wait for a moment for next Ez-PD configuration Utility software tools. 

2. Whether the firmware you are using is the one under FlashUtil folder of Ez-PD configuration Utility? Or the firmware with CY4501 kits? If you are using the first one, refer#1 above.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Hi Lisa

1. Yes, the client board can be identify, but i don't know if it work well.

Below is the screenshot of the EZ-PD software when i connected the client board to the PC.

EZ-PD.png

2. I used the Firmware which is in the CY4501  Kits to reprogram the Host board.

Best Regards,

John

0 Likes

Hi John,

Please kindly wait for a moment, the Ez-PD configuration Utility is fixing this. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Hi lias

OK.

I think this is the stable product ,so  It may not take too long to fix this.

Due to time constraint, I need to know exactly how long will it take to fix this issues.

Can use the miniProg3 to program the eMarker VDO  to the CCG2 located on the CGG2EVM?

if can't, are there any method to configure the CCG2 located on the CGG2EVM?

Thanks.

John

0 Likes