Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PrRe_3492461
Level 4
Level 4
First like received 50 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Hello Community,

I'm using CCG3PA for my custom development.

My source is capable of supplying 5A current but will not be able to source Vconn.

I configured Srccapabilities to 5A in Configuration utility and built and programmed respective FW but current capability changes are not reflected in SrcCaps packet. So I believe that - For CCG3PA to advertise 5A capabilities its PDSS stack will also validate for SOP1 capabilities before advertising SrcCaps during PDC AMS. correct ?

If that is the case as my Source is unable to provide Vconn connected E-marker Cable will not be able to respond to SOP1 DiscID packets. So I need a mechanism or provision in PD Stack to bypass this SOP1 validation.

Can i get this work-around in PD stack.

Thanks and regards,

Pranay.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Pranay!

Please check the resolution provided in this thread - https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-EZ-PD-Type-C/CCG3PA-Bypass-cable-discovery-when-the-usb-c-cabl...

Best regards,
Pranava

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Pranay!

Please check the resolution provided in this thread - https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-EZ-PD-Type-C/CCG3PA-Bypass-cable-discovery-when-the-usb-c-cabl...

Best regards,
Pranava
PrRe_3492461
Level 4
Level 4
First like received 50 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Thanks Pranava,

I'm calling  dpm_update_def_cable_cap(5000); in main before calling dpm_init().

This solved my problem. Able to update SrcCaps to 5A in runtime.

Thanks and regards,

Pranay.

0 Likes