Power adapter CY4532-EVK

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
VaLi_4706876
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First reply posted First question asked

Hi, I use CY4532-EVK as a power adapter, I supply power to j2, connect it to macbook via typeC, and 20V pulses start, after a while it stabilizes and starts charging. Why are there 20V pulses at the beginning at the output?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

R5, R7, R8 and R9 are the resistors connected to gate of the provider FET. Please measure the output voltage on TP10 (Type C VBUS) to measure the bus voltage on Type C VBUS.

Please let me know if you have connected the oscilloscope probe to CH1. Since from the attached waveform graph, it is clear that the magnitude of the voltage is 5V (1V*5divisions).

Regards,

Abhilash P

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Abhilash_P

Hi,

Is it possible to share the waveform?

And can I please know if these pulses stops after the PD negotiation or is it independent of it?

Regards,

Abhilash P

0 Likes
VaLi_4706876
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, it does not depend on PD negotiation. I'll try to show the oscillogram later

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
VaLi_4706876
Level 1
Level 1

I measure on R8

0 Likes
Abhilash_P

Hi,

R5, R7, R8 and R9 are the resistors connected to gate of the provider FET. Please measure the output voltage on TP10 (Type C VBUS) to measure the bus voltage on Type C VBUS.

Please let me know if you have connected the oscilloscope probe to CH1. Since from the attached waveform graph, it is clear that the magnitude of the voltage is 5V (1V*5divisions).

Regards,

Abhilash P

0 Likes