PSoC Creator - Modifying Project CYPD3125-40LQXI_Notebook

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PaRi_1293246
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 25 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hello,

I have never used PSoC Creator.  I need to slightly modify the project CYPD3125-40LQXI_notebook because the multiplexer from Parade Technologies that is used on the CCG3 evaluation kit is not recommended for new design so I have used the latest one from Parade Technologies but the address map is not the same.

What is the best way to proceed?  Is it to copy the project CYPD3125-40LQXI_notebooke in my work directory?

I would like to keep only the main project in my workspace.  What is the best way to delete all the unused files from my work directory?

Thank you

Best Regards,

Patrice

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hello Patrice,

1. Copy the CYPD3125 example project from install folder and detect un-used files of your projects, it is fine. 

2. There are mainly two ways of doing this: using the Start Page to copy the workspaces and using the Code Examples. 

1. From Start Page

ShifangZ_26_0-1652317298014.png

2. From Code Examples
PSoC Creator lists the SDK examples under the Code Examples Dialog. This dialog can be accessed via File->Code
Example … or during new project creation

Recommend you go through Cypress EZ-PD™ CCGx Host SDK User Guide, section 3.2.1 Copying the Project with PSoC Creator.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ShifangZ_26

Hello Patrice,

1. Copy the CYPD3125 example project from install folder and detect un-used files of your projects, it is fine. 

2. There are mainly two ways of doing this: using the Start Page to copy the workspaces and using the Code Examples. 

1. From Start Page

ShifangZ_26_0-1652317298014.png

2. From Code Examples
PSoC Creator lists the SDK examples under the Code Examples Dialog. This dialog can be accessed via File->Code
Example … or during new project creation

Recommend you go through Cypress EZ-PD™ CCGx Host SDK User Guide, section 3.2.1 Copying the Project with PSoC Creator.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes
PaRi_1293246
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 25 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hello Lisa,

Here are few questions.

The workspace in the SDK contain three projects buy after making a copy from the Start Page my workspace contain only one project.  Is the project that had been copied to my workspace is the project that is active (in bold) in the SDK workspace?

My understanding is I need to buy the ARM MDK tool to compile the project.  Is the MDK-Essential version enough?  Is the ARM MDK tool had been installed at the same time then PSoC Creator or do I need to install it?

Thank you

Best Regards,

Patrice

0 Likes
ShifangZ_26

Hello Patrice,

1. The three projects have already copied into the workspace you filled at the beginning of new created project with example code. If you could like to show up in PSoC Creator by manual adding to the Workplace of PSoC Creator. (Right click workplace and select add..)

2. For latest CCGx Host SDK, need MDK complier. The MDK-Essential version is enough. 

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes