PMG1-S3 H/W guide line for DRP EPR(140W)

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
5 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hello

Are there any reference document for hardware design guidelines when creating an EPR (140W compatible) and DRP (Dual Role Power) board using the PMG1-S3? Since it is compatible with 140W, I would like to confirm if there are any notes on heat generation including the layout.
Also, I am  aware that there are already PMG1 hardware guidelines below.
※AN232565 EZ-PD™ PMG1 MCU hardware design guidelines and checklist.

Best Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
Neo_Qin
5 likes given 250 replies posted 250 sign-ins

Hi @NoAr_1540581 ,

So far, we only have PMG1-S3 kit with 140W sink operation and its thermal data is available with the KIT docs. Since the forum is a public domain, some technical information cannot be posted here without authorization. If you need it, it is recommended to submit an application through the Infineon case management portal.

For DRP EPR we have the hardware design in progress as per the schematics available in application note AN232565. According to the current schedule, relevant data will be released in 2023/Q2.

Regards,

Neo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Neo_Qin

Hi @NoAr_1540581 ,

I think you can take "AN235644_USB PD DRP (dual-role power) schematics using EZ-PD™ PMG1 MCUs " as reference, you can download it from following URL:

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/universal-serial-bus/usb-c-high-voltage-microcontrollers/ez-...

The CY7113 EZ-PD™ PMG1-S3 prototyping kit also released in Infineon portal:

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/evaluation-boards/cy7113/

Regards,

Neo

0 Likes
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
5 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hello

Yes, I  am understanding that we can take schematic for DRP, but Is there a HW design guide that considers pattern layout and heat generation when designing "EPR(140W" with PMG1-S3?

Best regards

0 Likes
Neo_Qin

Hi @NoAr_1540581 ,

Since PMG1 is relatively new product, I will contact it internally and get back to you soon.

Regards,

Neo

0 Likes
Neo_Qin

Hi @NoAr_1540581 ,

So far, we only have PMG1-S3 kit with 140W sink operation and its thermal data is available with the KIT docs. Since the forum is a public domain, some technical information cannot be posted here without authorization. If you need it, it is recommended to submit an application through the Infineon case management portal.

For DRP EPR we have the hardware design in progress as per the schematics available in application note AN232565. According to the current schedule, relevant data will be released in 2023/Q2.

Regards,

Neo

0 Likes