Open Source stacks for CCG series?

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaEr_349131
Level 5
Level 5
25 likes received 50 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

Hi Team Cypress/Infineon,

Any chances we could see the CCG series go open source anytime soon?

Curious to understand the reasoning behind why all these parts are closed source / hex releases only
I mean, very little risk of taking anything to another platform as the "psoc" running it is fairly unique in it's peripheral-set.

Also, many other PD PHY vendors have full open-source PD stacks including the TCPC abstractions layers.

1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Currently, IFX/Cypress is not going to release PD stack lib source code directly. 

But, IFX/Cypress's SDK is very easy to use, you could implement TCPC based on the SDK directly. 

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
ShifangZ_26

Hello,

Currently, IFX/Cypress is not going to release PD stack lib source code directly. 

But, IFX/Cypress's SDK is very easy to use, you could implement TCPC based on the SDK directly. 

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes
DaEr_349131
Level 5
Level 5

Dear Lisa,

Curious on this decision, what do you see as secret in the PD stack?
i.e. the standard is well known as documented by usb.org

I believe Infineon would sell more CCG's if we had access to the stack.
I really want to utilize CCG-series over other brands, but the closed-binary is a no-go for us.

Example,

I want to use either CCG5 or CCG6 with full PPS support, but this is only supported in the old CCG3
if the stack was open, we could port this ourselves.

0 Likes
DaEr_349131
Level 5
Level 5

hi, any comment? please consider this

0 Likes
ShifangZ_26

Hello,

You are correct that the PD stack is totally following USB-IF PD SPEC. CCGx SDK pre-lib the PD stack is not because of this is secrets, it is easy to update and maintain the compliance of PD stack.  

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes