MacOS LibUSB installation configuration advice for Godzilla Dock firmware update

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Kevin_Lo
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 10 likes given First comment on KBA

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are encountering difficulty when attempting conduct Godzilla Dock firmware update under MacOS with LibUSB driver.

The error message as attached screen captures.

Some guidance appreciated to get the FW update package working under MacOS.

Thanks and Regards,

Kevin

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Richard,

Please use the 'brew' command to install libusb which will install the compatible version of libusb for your Mac.

For more details on libusb installation using brew, please refer here.

I tested with Macbook Pro, OS version - 12.3(21E230) with the above command and was able to use libusb.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for posting in the Infineon Developer community!

From the Error screenshots, I could see that the installed libusb is incompatible with the architecture. So, please install libusb for x86_64 to proceed further.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

Richard_Zou
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First reply posted Welcome!

Hi Ajeeth,

We install the same libusb driver for 2019 MBP13" intel CPU and 2020 MBP13" M1, we got same issue when run 5_fw_update.sh.

We don't know how to install compatible libusb for different Macbooks, please give us some guidance.

Thanks and best regards

Richard

Hi Richard,

Can you please provide the Mac OS version you are using?

Thanks,
Ajeeth

Hi Ajeeth,

All of our Macbooks OS above 12.

We download libusb driver(as attach sreenshot) and copy it to Macbook /usr/local/lib, then run sh 5_fw_update.sh via Terminal, I can update FW success on Macbooks with intel CPU and Apple M1/M2. Fail to update on Macbooks M1 Pro/Max, blocking when updating, I don't know this issue cause by libsub driver or EZ-PD_firmware_update. please help to confirm the issue on Macbook M1 Pro and Max.

Thanks and best regards

Richard

libusb-1.0.0.dylib.bmp

0 Likes

Hi Richard,

Please use the 'brew' command to install libusb which will install the compatible version of libusb for your Mac.

For more details on libusb installation using brew, please refer here.

I tested with Macbook Pro, OS version - 12.3(21E230) with the above command and was able to use libusb.

Thanks,
Ajeeth