Issue with Windows EZ-PD Protocol Analyzer Utility v3.1

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Kevin_Lo
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 10 likes given First comment on KBA

Dear All,

I am not able to start the latest EZ-PD protocol Analyzer Utility v3.1 under Windows 10 and have the following window popup error when starting the SW App even I have installed the latest Java package and checked it is running from IE browser.  Would you please advise how to fix?

Thanks and Regards,

Kevin

1 Solution

Hi Pranava,

I attempted uninstall and reinstall few times using JavaSetup8u271.exe download prompted by EZ PD protocol analyzer installer but still getting the same starting error.

Eventually, I install an earlier revision jre-8u251-windows-x64.exe (and updated to 8u271 in Java control panel) and the EZ-PD Protocol Analyzer can start and connect/capture with CY4500 HW.

Thanks and Regards,

Kevin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

There might be some issue in your present Java installation. Can you please try reinstalling Java?

best regards,

Pranava

Best regards,
Pranava

Hi Pranava,

I attempted uninstall and reinstall few times using JavaSetup8u271.exe download prompted by EZ PD protocol analyzer installer but still getting the same starting error.

Eventually, I install an earlier revision jre-8u251-windows-x64.exe (and updated to 8u271 in Java control panel) and the EZ-PD Protocol Analyzer can start and connect/capture with CY4500 HW.

Thanks and Regards,

Kevin

0 Likes