Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dscully
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hello,

I was attempting to do initial programming of a CYPD3135 device over the CC lines using the CY4531 eval kit and now are running into issues with detecting the device.

The first time we attempted to program we were able to detect the target device with the factory default firmware using the EZ-PD configuration utility. We attempted to program the device with a modified version of the CYPD3125-40LQXI_notebook example modified to target CYPD3135 and CC bootloader and got a GET_SILICON_ID U_VDM error (modifications were following instructions here: https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-EZ-PD-Type-C/Replacing-CYPD3125-with-CYPD3135/m-p/287357#M5913). We then tried programming from an unmodified version of the CYPD3135-40LQXI_power_adapter project. After programming, the device is no longer detected by the EZ-PD utility.

To attempt to revert back to factory conditions, we purchased a MiniProg 3 to program the chip directly over the SWD lines. We were able to flash the device with PSoC Programmer successfully with the image below: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-PD CCGx SDK\CCG3-CCG4\Firmware\binaries\CYPD3135-40LQXI_power_adapter

However, the EZ-PD configuration utility still does not detect the device after SWD flashing. Is the hex file in the location above the same as the factory image? Furthermore, how best do we go about debugging this issue?

Thank you,

David

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi David,

Sorry for delay in responding. 
CY4531 has USB-Serial chip and is used to program via I2C interface. In order to update firmware via CC interface, you would need CY4532 Power board which can load firmware through this CC interface. Please refer to 5.3.2 section in the CY4532 User Guide.
Please let me know your programming setup.

Best regards,
Pranava

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies