Integration of CCG4 and Billboard controller

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
OlEr_1999891
Level 5
Level 5
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 25 sign-ins

Hi!

We use the CCG4 in our dock design, but need to add a billboard controller as well. We are using the EC/HPI I2C interface to communicate to our central MCU and we don't need the full DMC functionality so we don't want to use the design used in the CCG4 dock ref design. Is there a guide on how to integrate e.g. CY7C65210 with CCG4 in a way that it does not conflict with the EC/HPI interface?

Cheers

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hello Olof,

Based on currently CCG4 SDK and device resource, the external Billboard have to I2C Master. This is true to conflict the structure you are working on. If the Billboard have to here (when working as UFP on Type-C port.), the CCG4 have to instance additional I2C for EC and wire the I2C of HPIv2 to DMC CY7C65219.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
ShifangZ_26

Hello ,

Keep CY7C65219 + CCG4 can achieve the goal. CY7C65210 cannot avoid the conflict, since CY7C65210 is supporting HPIv1. But the latest CCG4 is supporting HPIv2. 

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Hi Lisa!

Did you have any comments of the previous reply? We would need a Billboard control that doesn't conflict with the existing CCG4 <> EC communication. Is the source code available for the billboard controller? Shouldn't be that hard to change it from a I2C master to a I2C slave?

Cheers

Olof

0 Likes
OlEr_1999891
Level 5
Level 5
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 25 sign-ins

Hi Lisa!

But with the CCG4 HPIv2 interface, the CCG4 is slave and our EC-controller is I2C master. If we add the CY7C65219, wouldn't that require that CY7C65219 is the I2C master? That will not work for us. What are the options then to add Billboard function?

Cheers

Olof

0 Likes
ShifangZ_26

Hello Olof,

Based on currently CCG4 SDK and device resource, the external Billboard have to I2C Master. This is true to conflict the structure you are working on. If the Billboard have to here (when working as UFP on Type-C port.), the CCG4 have to instance additional I2C for EC and wire the I2C of HPIv2 to DMC CY7C65219.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes