Importing .xlsx or .csv files into CY4500 EZ-PD Protocol Analyzer Utility from old EZ-PD Analyzer

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Domi
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I'm trying to import .xlsx and .cvs files into the Protocol Analyzer.

It always says that the file has been imported successfully, but the "working bar" is running all the time and nothing shows up.

The file used has been exported to both xlsx and csv from the former anaylzer utility - neither works although this should be supported according to the release notes.

Any hints on that? What should be the correct format of the rows?

Thanks,

Domi

0 Likes
1 Solution
Marshal_Zhang
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - Zenitron(GC)
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

The two versions are quite different, and the supported file formats are not compatible.

The old and new versions of "EZ-PD Protocol Analyzer" can be installed on the same computer .

If you use the previous version to capture some unparseable data, you can only analyze it manually according to the PD specification.

Of course, you can also use the new version of the tool to re-grab the data.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hello,

I have confirmed to import .xlsx file from old Ez-PD Protocol analyzer utility into latest Ez-PD Protocol analyzer utility. It is successful. I have not change any format/contents in the file. 

Could you please kindly open the file .xlsx with old Ez-PD Protocol analyzer utility to confirm whether this file have been changed or not?

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes
Domi
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi Lisa,

maybe there is a misunderstaning when it comes to "old EZ-PD Protocol analyzer". I'm referring to the EZ-PD Analyzer Version 1.0.0.084. This can only read .ccgx files and can only export into xlsx or csv.

But these exported files can't be imported by the new Version whose native format is ccgx3.
Is there any way to read the old exported CSVs / XLSXs. The reason is that I have those old ccgx files with PD3.0 content which the old tool can't decode.

Thanks for your support!

--Domi

0 Likes
Marshal_Zhang
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - Zenitron(GC)
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

The two versions are quite different, and the supported file formats are not compatible.

The old and new versions of "EZ-PD Protocol Analyzer" can be installed on the same computer .

If you use the previous version to capture some unparseable data, you can only analyze it manually according to the PD specification.

Of course, you can also use the new version of the tool to re-grab the data.

0 Likes