I2C interrupt pin on cypd6227-96bzxi

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kirankalsani
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

Can you please confirm what is the default state of the I2C_INT_EC (Pin F11, Embedded Controller interrupt) on the CYPD6227-96BZXI? Is it logic low or high?

Also what is the state change when the PD controller wants to actually send an interrupt to the Embedded controller. Is it low to high or high to low?

Do we need to configure this as edge triggered interrupt or level triggered in the EC?

-Kiran

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Kiran,

I2C_INT_EC is configured as open drain pin. By default it will be floating. External pull-up should be used.

This pin is an active low pin and edge triggered . High-to-low transition can be considered for the interrupt.

Best regards,
Pranava

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Kiran,

I2C_INT_EC is configured as open drain pin. By default it will be floating. External pull-up should be used.

This pin is an active low pin and edge triggered . High-to-low transition can be considered for the interrupt.

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes